Friday 12 April 2013

Tested: Dove Pure Antiperspirant

As you all know, I've been on one hell of a health kick lately, and exercise is a big part of my new lifestyle. Dove sent me their new Pure antiperspirant deodorant to try out, and I've been giving it a real run for its money (pardon the pun!).

Now, we all know that Dove products take care of our skin, with their 1/4 moisturising cream formula, but with this product, it's what they leave out that helps the most.

No fragrance - less irritation, and for people like me, that means for your nose as well as your skin. I'm very particular about the kinds of scents that I can tolerate, and more often than not, will opt for a fragrance free product over a scented one.

No colourants- again, less chance of irritation, or allergic reactions.

No Alcohol - won't dry out your skin, and guess what that means? Less chance of irritation!

No Parabens - which is awesome for me, as a woman, because I have enough natural hormones of my own. I don't need to include Oestrogen-mimicking chemicals into the mix.

This is a fairly basic product, so there isn't a lot I can tell you about it, or how to use it, that you won't already know. It comes as a roll-on (my preference) and as a spray, and boasts a massive 48hr performance time. I actually haven't tested that, because I'm a shower-every-day kind of gal, but I can tell you that it lasts and works through tough workouts, long walks and jogs, and when there's sweat running down my face, my underarms are dry and they don't smell. At all. Of anything. just the way I like it.

Dove deodorants are available in most pharmacies and supermarkets, and beauty stores like Priceline.

Definitely worth trying.

Fair disclosure. Dove sent me this product free of charge, for my consideration. I was under no obligation to review it. My opinions are always my own, and I always endeavour to bring you accurate reviews of products that I genuinely enjoy and recommend.



No comments:

Post a Comment